Russian business culture
Russia is a huge market that grows every day. However, only few Russians can communicate in English, and you will therefore need to be able to communicate in Russian if you are to be successful in negotiations and dealings with Russian business partners.
The course includes two parts:
- Common words and phrases used in business negotiations and dealings with Russians. Russian mentality and culture is very different from western culture. This can easily cause misunderstandings and errors. However, if you come well prepared many mistakes can be avoided.
- This part introduces specific information about advantages, disadvantages and important matters when starting to do business in Russia.
- Russian economy – latest tendencies
- What is the future for the Russian economy
- Practical considerations in relation to doing business in Russia
- Russian authorities – roles, functions and attitudes
Any person, who finds themselves in a different culture, may experience a feeling of discomfort, insecurity and maybe even irritation as a result of the differences in behaviour, norms and rules. This may lead to misunderstandings and problems.
I will help you to be familiar with Russian mentality, thereby avoiding misunderstandings and reducing the cultural shock.
Examples of the subjects of the course are:
- What are the characteristics of the Russian culture?
- How do you behave among the Russian people (norms, rules and behavior)?
- Correct behavior at social events.
- How do I behave if I host an event for Russians?
- What do I need to remember?
This course will take you through the major events in Russian history in the last 500 years, which have shaped the Russian soul and mentality. Knowledge of Russian history is a great advantage when dealing with Russians. The Russian people are proud of their history, and they like to talk about the great deeds, victories and defeats the Russian people have experienced. Knowledge of Russian history will help you gain the respect of the Russians, and thereby help you to gain the trust that is essential when dealing with Russians.
Examples of subjects are:
- Who do the Russian people see the great historical events?
- Russian identity and national pride in a historical context?
- Links between Russian history and the future in Russia in relation to stability, civilization, democracy and development.